Why change to Momentum Energy?
First I need to say that I have no financial connection with Momentum Energy
other than an electricity supply agreement.
I had not even heard of them until a few days before writing this page.
I discovered them when I started looking for alternative electricity
retailers to the big ones.
(I used to buy my electricity from AGL.)
Or Diamond Energy or PowerShop
Diamond Energy is another alternative to the big three.
I have changed one of my three electrical connections to Diamond Energy
PowerShop is another option if you are in NSW or Victoria.
Tasmania, which has a far higher percentage of renewable electricity
than any other state, has been hurt by the Abbott
Government's axing of the carbon tax.
Hydro Tasmania, who own Momentum Energy, generate most of Tasmania's
electricity using hydro and wind power.
By switching your energy retailer to Momentum Energy you will:
If you receive a feed-in tariff from your state government this will
continue when you change your retailer.
(You might like to check on this before you change, but it is true for my
However, Momentum Energy themselves only pay 6c/kWh (in addition to passing
on the government payment); some others pay more.
Diamond Energy pays 8c/kWh.
- Take profits away from the unethical big retailers;
- Undo a little of the damage that the axing of the carbon tax has done to
- Be assured that the electricity you are buying is clean and green;
- Move Australia a little closer to being a responsible global citizen;
- Show the Abbott Government and the fossil fuel lobby that we, the people,
have power and want a responsible Australia.
While you are about it:
- Consider taking your money away from the big 4 banks
who are investing in coal mining and coal ports that will damage the Great
- If you have shares, make sure that you are investing responsibly.